Friday, January 6, 2012

In fact, I AM alive

After a week layoff, I have returned. I hope you didn't miss me too much.

Part of the reason why I haven't written in the past week is because I had a severe reaction to New Year's Day 2012. I didn't realize one could be allergic to a day but it seems that I had a horrible reaction to it. I mean, as soon as I woke up in 2012 I had a terrible headache and was nauseated. It took almost 2 whole days to feel better.

Another reason for the writing layoff is-- dun dun duuuuunnnnn --writers block. Now, it's not that it's I haven't anything to write about, I do. I have had hundreds, I mean hundreds of things to write about. And I mean, some of these things have been brilliant. Seriously! The only problem is that when I sit down to write I can't remember a damn thing. It's like when I turn on the computer I get zapped in the face with one of those mind-eraser things from MIB. So, I have started to take measures to counteract this. I finally started  using that 'memo' app on my phone to take notes. Hopefully, in the near future I will be able to produce posts on a more regular basis.

On another note, I've started my final semester of medical school. The 4th year of medical school is AWESOME! I mean it's freaking awesome. This has been the first thing that has panned out as promised. During first year, people said second year would be better. Not really, it was more interesting but it was more work. People said third year would be way better. Well, it was more interesting and satisfying but it also took over my life and sucked the fun out of everything and made me quite a bit more cynical and bitter about everything. But 4th year, oh 4th year, it was promised since, literally, day one as being awesome and thus far has lived up to every expectation. I've had basically 2+ months off so far this year. My first month this semester: off for interviews. Next month: I'll have to work 14 days. The following month: basically off. April: mailing THAT one in. May: graduating. What happens afterwards is a little terrifying, so I won't think about it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment