Friday, December 30, 2011

A Hodgepodge of Thoughts

As I pass through my neighborhood, I see my neighbors taking down their Christmas decorations that have mostly been up since Thanksgiving weekend. This makes me somewhat sad. Today is the 6th day of Christmas, which means that there are 6 whole more days of christmas to be celebrated (I know, you are all in awe of my superior arithmetic skills). So I hope you enjoy your 6 geese-a-laying today! Actually, does anyone else find the gifts given in that song to become progressively strange? How does one find 10 lords to be given as a gift and not only that, compelled to be leaping? And is it that they occasionally might break out into leaping or do they do a leaping routine or are they in a constant state of leaping?

...


DC is a quiet place this time of year. Everyone has gone home.


....

I've never really been one for New Year's Resolutions, per se, but it usually around this time of year I think about making some lifestyle changes. I think that has more to do the Bacchanalia that is Thanksgiving/Christmas/NYE.

...

I'm more curious who the VP candidates are going to be. O wouldn't dare choose Biden again, would he?


...

So I took my car to the shop to get my oil changed-- I know, you're shivering with excitement-- and as I waited there was a television playing the 'Maury Povich Show'. Before you ask why I bothered watching, need I remind you of the 'train wreck paradox' and the 'man and flickering image axiom' (that's the one where if you put a man within eyesight of a flickering image and he MUST look at it)? With these two excellent reasons I continued watching this pinnacle of daytime talk TV. Now, I'm pretty sure every single episode of Maury has had the same theme: 'Are you the father of my child?' After watching these totally screwed up family situations unfold, I thought to myself, "Watching men battle lions and each other in the Coliseum would have been a more civilized form of entertainment."

...

Did you guys know that the NBA is back? Who knew? Rather, who cares?

...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure that for Romney, at least, Chris Christie is at the top of the list. He adds the authenticity that Romney so severely lacks, as well as cementing in the tea party/fiscal conservative faction. Alternatively, Romney could go with Huckabee or Santorum in an attempt to ensure the full support of the evangelical base. Either way those are two major factions within the GOP that Romney would probably want to go after - seeing as he's already moderate enough himself to challenge Obama for the moderate/undecided vote. His problem is support from the repub base - which would also insulate him from being destroyed by a 3rd party candidate (like Paul, Trump, et al) eating up a share of the repub votes.
    I think Obama will stick with Biden, as the only other top tier option is Hilary. That said, Obama himself may need to shore up his support with the dem base - his campaign promise failures, along with showing as much militaristic intent as any neocon, has seriously damaged his image to a significant chunk of core dems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he has to go with Hil-dawg. Otherwise Joe 'I haven't got two brain cells' Biden might threaten to bring down the ship. Have you noticed he hasn't been in the news lately? I think the've put a gag on the man.

    ReplyDelete